2016: Wonderful Year

by - 3:29 PM

Woohoo finally I write another year in review and this one is my throwback for 2016, an exciting year. Why? because I spent my 11 out of 12 months lived in Sydney with so many great, happy, sad and scare things. It was my first time living in abroad for more than 2 weeks *put a BIG smile on my face. I met a new friends, tried so many casual jobs, traveled across Australia and there were so many exciting things on those 11 months.


January

I was spending my January on summer day in Sydney, looking for a job and explore the city. It was my first time visiting Sydney fish market, Parramatta, and Eastern area like Coogee and Maroubra

Upper: Sydney Fish Market
Lower left: Somewhere around Coogee - Maroubra Walk, Lower right: Festival in Parramatta

February

What's on February? 
I went to Chinese new year market in Pyrmont bay, hunted for shio lantern festival around the city and visited Newtown for the first time.
Upper left: Lanter installation in Martin Place to celebrate Chinese New Year
Upper right: one of the famous mural in Newtown
Lower left: Pink bun with chicken and seaweed on CNY bazaar in Pyrmont Park
Lower right: One of cozy room in AirBnb I worked in

March
My first domestic flight experience in Australia happened on March. I traveled to Melbourne to visit my friend who on business trip. Strolled around the city during her free time. On another week, I traveled to Kiama to see Kiama's blow hole (3 hours by train to southern Sydney), almost fainted when hiking to Barrenjoey head to see Barrenjoey light house in Palm beach and had sunset picnic on Barangaroo reserve.

Upper left: Luna Park entrance gate in St Kilda
Upper right: the infamous Hosier lane
Lower left: Brighton beach bathing box
Lower right: pathway to Brighton Beach

Upper left: Trip to Kiama blow hole Upper right: Barrenjoey lighthout on Palm Beach
Lower: My favorite spot on Barangaroo Reserve

April
Had weekend getaway to Jenolan caves & Blue mountain and stayed in hotel on Leura. I survived Chifley cave in Jenolan caves and we were almost hit a Kangaroo who cross the street.
  
Upper left: my first time visit Mrs macquaire's chair Upper right: Trip to Jenolan caves
Lower left: Posing near Three sisters Lower right: World steepest train on Scenic World

May 
It kind of sad whenever I realized there wasn't a good theme park in Sydney, so I traveled to Gold Coast, Queensland to get theme park escape. I visited Movie world and met some super heroes and Scooby doo and also visited Bikini bottom in Sea world Gold coast. Finally I can sleep well after met my long-lost-friends, Spongebob and Patrick. Last but not least, had my birthday celebration with my dear friends, kiss kiss.

Upper left: Met my fav superheroes on Movie world
Upper right: Got a wonderful dinner on my birthday
Lower left: Infamous Brisbane sign on Southbank Lower right: Met my best friend on SeaWorld Gold coast 

June
I think June is another festive month in Sydney beside December, because there will be Sydney Vivid during this period. All of those famous buildings on Circular quay will covered by animated light and some of light show. On this month, there was an event to celebrate a new re-opening of transportation museum in Sydney by having some double decker buses which actually museum's collection on the street.  

Upper left & right: Had agreat visit during VIVID SYDNEY
Lower left: aanother cafe hopping - festive brunch at The Rusty Rabbit, Darlinghurst
Lower right:Vintage bus ehxibition on Central train station

July
On this month I just spent my day off to explore The Rocks in Sydney and rode a ferry to reach Watsons bay and took a walk to Hornby lighthouse. 

Upper left: Nice trekking to lighthouse on Watsons bay
Upper right: art installation on The Rocks
Lower left: cotton candy sunset near Oper House 
Lower right: Had a great Asian dinner at my fav place with Duo Pergidulu

August
Whenever I got my day off, I always try to explore the city and surrounding for weekday getaway and cafe hopping (I always have day off on weekdays) but on last August I decided to go farther. I visited my friend in Newcastle which allowed me to travel 2,5 - 3 hours by train and also visited my friend in Canberra which took me around 4 hours by bus.  
   

Upper left: my favorite spot on Narrabeen lake
Upper right: cafe hopping to Tiny Giant Petersham
Lower left: posing infront of one of the mural in Newcastle
Lower right: Canberra's public bus who can carry bike on the front

September
I think nobody could stop  my passion to travel, although I only have 3 days of day off, I was still insist to go to Hobart for weekend getaway. Not much to do, since it was still cold (well I think Hobart will always cold anyway ahhaha) and I got my period during my trip, so I was not feeling really well. However I still managed to visit Salamanca weekend market and go to Richmond, yay.
   

Upper left : one of the stall on Salamanca Market
Upper right : My Salmon sausage sandwich
Lower left : Had a picnic near Richmon bridge
Lower right : Visit Macquarie light house in Vaucluse on such bright day

October
I must say October was on of my unforgettable month of all, my college friend came to visit during her business trip and became a pet sitter. I never knew that I can earn some money by becoming a pet sitter, it was not only 1 or 2 pet, but 7 pets in total (3 cats and 4 dogs) for those who knew me earlier they must be known me as a person who really afraid of dogs. Hahahhah but here in Sydney, I can get along with dogs, they were so nice and playful, THANK YOU Juby, Marley and Molly for becoming the nicest dogs.


November
I need to end my journey i Australia on this month, before going back I decided to go to Auckland, New Zealand for my travel resolution 1 year 1 country :D. Thanks God I got NZ visa on time. It was a great trip even though I have to cancel my trip to South Island. During the first week of November I decided to go to The Entrance to see Pelican feeding show and strolled around CBD to become Jacaranda tree hunter.



On December I traveled back to Jakarta, spent my first two weeks at home, sick and stayed at home on another days counting my blessing (and arrange something for another trip, pssssstt hahahah).  

Thank you 2016 for being a wonderful year, Hey 2017, I am so ready for another great journey and experience.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment :)