[ Hotel Review ] Hotel Penaga - The First Green Rating Heritage Boutique Hotel in Penang

by - 9:56 AM

Hotel Penaga located in a junction of Hutton St and Clarke St

During my trip to Penang a couple weeks ago, I have a short stay in this Heritage hotel which located in the heart of UNESCO World Heritage Site, facing Hutton, Transfer Road and Clarke street. At the first time I arrived on this property I fell in love with their Clarke Terrace House, It feels like you stay in your home. Penaga Staff told me that there are 3 different room types, and one of them is Traditional Terrace House that located outside the main building which facing Clarke street.

Did I tell you that I travel to this city alone? So when I heard their staff told me that I will stay in their Hutton Deluxe room with 40 sqm wide, I was surprised and a little bit worry because it might to big for myself teehee. It has a green rating hotel because it used recycled materials wherever possible during restoration and redevelopment. It also has a garden to reduce heat and glare, increase soil permeability and provide as much greener as the space would accommodate. The swimming pool is salt water to reduce chemical use, water for the garden and some toilet flushing comes from roof runoff. The kitchen will separate biodegradable material for composting. I think I never seen any other heritage hotel has something like these.  

Lobby


The room

I stayed in Hutton Deluxe room 312 with 40 sqm wide which is actually the smallest room type in Hotel Penaga. It has a mixture between vintage and modern touch inside the room. The ceiling was really high so I bet the air ventilation is well maintain and in this room, I can choose between ceiling fan or inverter air-conditioning.  The room is furnished with antique cabinets, benches and chairs, and of course with wood element domination. I got a large double-bed with four pillows only for me. Well, my room was not have a balcony, but it facing to Hutton street. When I peeked through my window that night, I can see a beautiful city light came from Penang Times Square building. Each room also decorated with some of paintings created by Asian artists hanging on the wall.

Hutton Deluxe Bed




I never forget to write postcards to my friends in Indonesia


The Bathroom

Each room in Hotel Penaga equipped with Jacuzzi and separated shower room. It also covered with wooden parquet on entire room. Similar with the window in the main room, windows inside the bathroom also have three different colors that beautifully emitted sun ray to the room. I also have a complete amenities from the Hotel that beautifully sealed in a black leather box next to water basin.  


Modern VS Vintage bathroom

 
Jacuzzi

Shower room


Other Room Types

Beside Hutton deluxe room, there are Clarke Terrace House and Transfer Suites. These two types located outside the main building, If you stay in this Hotel with elder people or disable person I recommended you to choose Hutton deluxe because it has lift access to the room, meanwhile the other two types have stairs inside the room.

Clarke Terrace House (Traditional Terrace House)

This type is two-storey property with 140 sqm wide has two bedrooms with large double-bed, it has a huge Jacuzzi that can be occupy up to 4 people, and it also has large dining and living room down stairs. Clarke Terrace House type is the biggest room type in Hotel Penaga. I little bit surprised and proud when I stepped into one of bedroom and found Yogyakarta landmark (Tugu) painting on the wall. It also has a balcony that facing garden, Penaga Spa and  Transfer Suites. 

Transfer Suites

Another room type on the back of main building is Transfer suites, it has 61 sqm or 67 sqm (with balconies). It located on upper side of Penaga Spa and of the room with balcony is facing Transfer street. For a great sunlight I recommend you to chose this type. 

Hotel Penaga is really close to the centers of Geogertown. I can find local food restaurant and flea market (Chowrasta) by walking distance. If you love to do cafe hopping like I do, you can simply take a walk to Campbell street and find some cute and unique cafes there. It also close to bus and free bus stops on Campbell st and Chowrasta market.

Hotel Penaga
Corner of Jalan Hutton & Lebuh Clarke
George Town, Penang, Malaysia

Contacts
Toll Free: 1300 88 1891
Phone: +604-261 1891
Reservation: sales.reservation@hotelpenaga.com


Thank you Ms. Kim for your hospitality, and yes I was a guest in Hotel Penaga, but all opinions are my own 

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Gw suka banget ama hotel yg lantai nya kayu :-)
    yang gw demen dari penang yaitu kuliner nya hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kalo kayu-kayu gitu berasa hommyy yah omm, iyeeehhh banyak banget makanan di Penang sampe pusingg

      Delete
  2. ahhh, aku kangen Penang ^o^... ga prnh nginep di hotel ini sih Mei, tp tau tempatnya... eh itu shower roomnya pake wooden parquet jg yaa... ga gitu ngerti soal perlantaian, tp wooden parquet ga masalah kalo kena air trs2an gt ya..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iyah kak, ini tempatnya ternyata seru, deket ke daerah pasar Chowrasta juga.
      Bener, kamar mandinya pake parquet juga, mungkin udah dilapisin apa kali gitu yah biar tetep bagus

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)